So we made it to the Amalfi Coast after quite a mammoth effort (we had some pretty funny moments though, that being said- i.e. sleeping on the floor of the ferry while sharing two towels between three of us and wearing every item of clothing each of us had to pad the floor and ward off the chill factor!) and this was our first beach experience...
I think I have already mentioned my thoughts on the whole Euro- beach experience... Some things just don´t do the place justice, i.e. cigarettes everywhere, etc... So in my effort to protest, I have included the ugly side of the Amalfi coast as well as the picturesque in Four O´Clock today...
After quickly abandoning the local beach of Santa Anna, we decided the water looked cleaner around the other side of the little fishing port, so we took our gear (vino included) and took the plunge off the pier there...
Much better! You can see Mount Vesuvius in the background here as well!
Looking back at the little fishing village from the pier... I met Andrea, a retired fisherman who was sitting outside by his boat, soaking in the last of the sunlight!
The sunset this evening made up for everything else!!

No comments:
Post a Comment