Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 23- Grande Corniche (Eze)



There are three main roads that lead into Nice and each are at different altitude levels... These roads are called "corniches".

The lowest corniche hugs the coast line, the middle corniche goes through a few different towns including Eze (east of Nice) and gives you a pretty good view of the coast line from it´s elevated height. The Grande Corniche however, gives you an entirely different perspective...

High above the other two corniches, the Grande Corniche winds it´s way above Nice, Eze and Beaulieu Sur Mer, boasting the most amazing views of the Cote D´Azur! And this, my friends, is where are are staying, or should I say camping!

I got the "Pants Tour" gang to drop me off once we had climbed to the highest point and I took photos of the things that I felt made this road quite unique... Patterns and shapes made by road signs and painted lines... Local grafitti... The feeling of isolation... And the stunning view of course!

Yes, those crazy stretchy pants clad cyclists love a little bit of a high altitude cycling challenge!



And if you look really hard, that little blue tent in the top left hand corner is ours... Nice view hey?!

No comments:

Post a Comment