Sadly we had to leave Nice behind as we set off for Marseille... Each time we have made a navigation error, we seem to have stumbled across something unusual and/or completely unexpected and amazing!!
Today´s suprise was the Verdon Canyon... The biggest canyon in all of Europe! I´ll try to add some video footage... It was quite amazing!!!
Four O´Clock rolled by much later, while on-route to Marseille and once again, I struggled a little to find a subject that interested me from the passenger seat of our car! We stopped at an Esso petrol station and I shot a few frames there... Back in the car, I took shots of the shape of my knees against the shadows in the car, the fabric of my shorts and the map I was using to help find our next camping spot... (Not sure if there´ll be anything I really like- we´ll see...)
When we finally arrived in Marseille, we headed straight to the "corniche" that takes you by the "Catalan" quarter and gives the best view out over the harbour to the Chateau D´If... ah, scenes of the Count of Monte Cristo are flashing up in my mind!
Later in the evening, we watched the sunset over the old port in Marseille...
This was a huge highlight for Jo and I, having read so many novels that take place in Marseille (The Count..., A Tale of Two Cities, Little Dorrit, etc.)
... Ah, the history and romance of it all!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment