Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 19- Paraggi (Italian Riviera)



We stopped at this gorgeous little spot (Paraggi, just before Portofino) to cool off with a swim, after spending the majority of the day fighting the traffic and slowly curving our way through multiple villages in the hills and then around the coast line of the Italian Riviera ... Beautiful but more time consuming and tiring then we expected!

For some reason I didn't have my digi with me so these shots are courtesy of Wayde and Jo (thanks guys)! They at least give you an idea of the surrounds of Four O'Clock...

I caught these crazy guys diving off the rocks from a height I didn't think was possible considering the water wasn't all that deep!! They've obviously had some experience (or too much to drink!) cause they showed no sign of nerves and dived in like pros...



I also got shots of the rocky area where a few of us (seasoned travellers/ locals) had come to sunbake and avoid the hefty fee that the local restaurants charged just to lie on the main beach... Our spot was better anyway!

Oooh this one is a shocker, but I guess it's proof! hehe



After this stop, we headed further along the coastline but by the time we finally got through Genova, we had had enough!!

We planned to go inland for a bit and then cut back to the coast near San Remo... Well, we headed for the hills and ended up taking the longest, windiest, narrow-est (is that even a word??!!) detour known to man... We finally stopped at about 2am the next morning somewhere very close to the border of France, on the coast again... TBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment