Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 36- Figueres (Dali Museum)



Today we left Barcelona and started our journey to Paris via a town called "Figueres", quite close to the border... This place is known for the amazing Dali museum it houses!!

We spent more time than expected exploring the "mind" of Dali... Some things I loved, others I hated! I would like to learn more about his personality, it certainly was intriguing, as we walked through this ecclectic collection of his life work from sculptures, installations, even jewellery to paintings, illustrations, drawings and more...

The outside of this building grabs almost as much attention as does it's contents!! The building is a deep pink colour with fake loaves of bread covering the facades!! The top of the building is decorated with golden eggs and statues that look vaguely like "Oscars" and form a bizarre fortress- like appearance, guarding the building from who knows what??!! Right now my imagination is going a little crazy- that's what Dali does to you- he plays with your mind!!



As we were walking back to the car, I spotted this little doorway/ entrance to a little house in the town. There was something about the pattern in the screen door that caught my attention, so I finished off the roll of film here... There were a few locals across the street looking on in amusement! What could be so interesting about a door?? Crazy tourist!!

And now... To Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment