Today we did a bit of touristy stuff- we hit the Colosseun and the Roman Forum and then headed to the Appian Way (one of the oldest roadways from the early Roman empire) and finally to a beautiful look out over Roma called Gianicolo Hill...
For Four O'Clock today, I took some shots around the Colosseum and the Forum... I have been interested in trying to get unusual viewpoints of ordinary things (i.e. people walking by- close ups of feet, etc.) but with something quite extraordinary in the background (i.e. the Colosseum) as if it were an everyday sight, like it is for the local Roman crew... I shot in black & white and colour... I think I like the colour shots from today best... The euro tourists love their bright coloured clothes which seem so foreign and out of place in the context of such ancient archaelogical sites! I got some fun shots of tourists completely absorbed in their own photo- taking experiences...
Unfortunately what I took on my digi was slightly different... Here are a few observations...
Here's an interesting side point... This inscription says something to the effect of: "If you kiss this cross, you will have one year and eleven days of indulgences..." Quite a contrast to what we've just been learning over the past few days!!??

No comments:
Post a Comment