We have become quite good at avoiding the "toll" roads and making smooth connections between all the smaller highways... The usual set-up on the "road- tripping" sectors of our trip was that either Wayde or I were driving, and whoever was in the front passenger seat was the navigator... The lucky person in the backseat got to sleep, or do whatever they felt like!
I decided that this time, if I could be ultra prepared as the "navigator", working out big chunks of our trip in advance and writing the sequence of roads down for Wayde, maybe I could get a bit of sneaky "shut eye" time in the front seat as well!!!
So at Four O'Clock today (ok 4:11- have mercy!), I thought it would make an interesting little tribute to our numerous long drives on the Pants Tour '09, to document our life on the road, so to speak! (See above for our glamourous GPS set-up!)
Below is our ultra modern "wireless" MP3 set-up!! We were so excited to have some more variety in our music selection finally (we had already played every CD Wayde brought along at least 5 times!!) and when it came to setting everything up, we found that the radio transmitter was quite temperamental and had to be in a specific position to get the slightest bit of reception... The result being, my McGiver moment with a roll of 1 Euro sticky tape!! Nice hey?!
And another one "for the road" (below) that I think truely depicts the reality of a road trip and pretty much sums up Jo's travel style... All kinds of awkward sleeping positions on every possible mode of transportation!!
[P.S. Wayde may even start his own blog soon called "Pants Tour '09 In A Coma"... He's got quite a collection of images he's captured- mainly of Jo- ok yes, he's also caught me on occasion in a deep and awkwardly positioned sleep... He's very sneaky!! hehe]

No comments:
Post a Comment