Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 40- Montmartre

Four O'Clock started at Cafe Des 2 Moulins (the cafe on the gorgeous French film "Amelie", where the main character works). I took shots of the waiters, the cafe, my friends... I must have caught quite a few people's attention walking around with the "old gal"... When I sat back down, across from my cousin, I noticed that the older couple behind Wayde kept on looking over at us, me, the camera? Their expressions were priceless, so I decided a had to get a shot of them...



I set it up as though I was taking a portrait of Wayde (look at his excitement of being in yet another photo!!) and focused past Wayde (he didn't want to be in the photo anyway!!) on the couple beyond... This shot (above) taken on my little digi does fully capture the classic expressions this couple were capable of! When I was shooting on the Mamiya, I had to stand up and I most definately caught their attention (and curious glances) in those shots... They were great unsuspecting subjects!

When we left the cafe, we all went our separate ways to explore the streets of Montmartre... I found interesting shots everywhere... Shops fronts, deserted old cafes, op shops, and even this drain pipe caught my attention- check the brackets?! I love the shapes!



Cool shop front...



A fun little self portrait...



When I met up with the Paris Pants People again, I saw my mate Q leaning against this blue wall... The colours looked great; Q looked great as well- hehe! Both Quinton and Anna (Q & A!) are so darn photogenic (I took their wedding shots, I should know!), it's hard to NOT want to photograph them!! (Embarassed yet?!)




CUT!! [A totally unrelated (to Four O'Clock) tribute to the smithy sisters of The Pants Tour '09!]

Earlier on today, my sister Jo and I enjoyed a little one on one time walking through Montmartre...

Something about Pants?!

At Cafe Des 2 Moulins...

Even more unrelated...

Mid-night and beyond (so I guess technically Day 41, but who's counting!!) these gymnastic feats and cycling marvels HAD to get a mention... This was part of the whole Parisian experience- ridiculous fun in front of all of our favourite French landmarks!!





Below, we bid farewell to our crazy Foroozanis- Q & A (up front) in a "sound of music" meets "flight of the conchords" fashion underneath the Eiffel Tower... (Check those two out... Couldn't you just wrap them up and take them home with you??!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment