Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 42- Rue Ernest Psichari (PARIS; 7e)



After heading back to our appartment to farewell our friend Pier Paolo, the setting for Four O'Clock ended up being in our very own street in Paris- Rue Ernest Psichari, in the 7th arrondissement in Paris.

Every time I walked along that street I couldn't help but notice the face which had been sprayed on the wall... The rest of the street is spotless and the buildings are all light in colour, accentuating the feel of the area... Tres chic oui! A very nice area however also a lot of rich old ladies in close vacinity!! I thought it was quite cheeky the way the face has been sprayed on at that point!! To me it doesn't deface the building, but adds a touch of humour, or perhaps irony to the otherwise spotless street!

NOTE: Wayde seems to be getting sneakier!! I was caught completely unaware...



Earlier in the day... It's Pier Paolo's last morning in Paris and we finally make it up to the top of the Eiffel Tower (our 'croissants et cafe au laits' dissappeared long before we reached the top!!)... Pier, Jo, Wayde and I brave the chilly breeze for our model shot!!



And a solo shot for Jo who was determined to dress up for the occasion... Pretty!



Later on in the afternoon, I headed off for some solo time, roaming the streets on my last afternoon in Paris. I went to St Germain des Pres and found this gorgeous little park/ square (which was oval shaped!) right next to the Abbey! It was exactly the picturesque kind of scene you would expect of Paris! I just sat there writing postcards and notes in my diary... Such a beautiful afternoon and such a quaint little spot... I must come back here!!



...And later in the evening...

We visit Yves (a Serbian friend of an English friend (I'm loving the international factor!), who speaks 7 languages and seems to be a "jack of all trades"... decorating perhaps one of them?) at his wonderful appartment (which is honestly like a musuem), in an area called Saint Fargen in Paris!!

I had to take some time (making myself a little anti- social??!!) shooting many corners and features of his house... Unfortunately my digi was playing up so I only got this one shot for the blog which shows his camera collection, as well as the feature piece (an old lock) which looks strangely like an old camera...



Here is Wayde's shot of us both in the loungeroom mirror...



Introducing Margaret:

This shot is of Jo and I with our parents' good friend from the Papua New Guinea days- Margaret Stephens- another amazing person we had the privilege of getting to know a little better on this trip!!

Among the languages she knows that can I count (at least four!!) are English (er, yes we'd be worried if this wasn't the case, being born and bred in England!), Tagalog, French, Motu (a PNG language) and/or PNG Pidgin (perhaps both and all of the above??!!)... Perhaps I should have clarified that with Margaret but never-the-less, she was an inspiration for Jo and I to keep learning at least one language other than English!!

No comments:

Post a Comment