Thursday, February 18, 2016

Winge Session...

Ok, here's my little winge for the day... The photographic world seems to be moving over to digital for most things now- it just the purests, artists and those who can afford it who are keeping the film dream alive...

So I brought on this trip my little Ricoh pocket digital, my DSLR and my Mamiya 6x6 camera (specifically for this Four O'Clock project). The most reliable camera has been, of course, the old film camera...

Between memory cards needing to be cleared, leaving my charger for the compact digi in Sicily, the power convertion not being compatible with my other charger, I'm forced to buy new batteries pretty much every and it's not cheap!!

Pretty much by the end of each day, I've lost all power and I'm stuck switching the camera off and on just to take one photo... Last night I tried taking a few long exposures (the view from our campsite is amazing) and after three shots the camera almost had a fit! It's not an excuse, but certainly part of the problem...

I have a whole week of Four O'Clock ready to upload, this is my third attempt in three days and my camera just died again!! I'm leaving Nice for Marseille tomorrow, hopefully I'll have more success in the next couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment